- Class News
- Other Functions
Obnoxious Orange item of the month-get ready for the P-Rade! - http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63759?productId=1041059&qs=3016887_mercent_google_pla&attrValue_0=Bright%20Orange&mr:trackingCode=187B3696-B0F0-E211-A497-90E2BA285E75&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&mkwid=qMaR2288_dc&pcrid=34644940497
What's Bill Kovacic up to?
Juanita James is a Star in Fairfield!
Another Stars in Stripes Achievement - Look What David Cleveland Has Done!
'74 Marches on Antietam
'74 Physician Tackles Spicy Topic - Another Example of Why We Are The Stars in Stripes!
Bob Gambee '64 releases a new photo book on Princeton: http:
74's Rock Stars in Stripes 35th Reunion was rockin'!!!
May 28-31, 2009
Here are some of the things we did:
Our classmates participated in these Alumni-Faculty forums:
- Welcome Dinner, Thursday evening at Madison Hall / Rockefeller College
Thursday evening entertainment - Jerry Topinka Jazz Quintet
Memorial Service - University Chapel - 9:00am Friday
Friday lunch at the site.
'74 AlumnAE Tea - Friday at the site.
- Class Dinner at the Boathouse, Friday evening. Music by the Tigerlillies. Visit by President Tilghman.
- Party at the site (Cuyler Courtyard), Friday night. Danced 'til the wee hours to The East Coast Band.
- Class Photo, Saturday morning. On the steps of Clio Hall.
- Saturday lunch at the site. Princeton University marching Band joined us.
- P-RADE, Saturday afternoon, 2pm. Featuring "big head" rock stars: Mick, John, Tina, Elton, Janis, and James.
- Family Dinner on Frist lawn, Saturday night. Music by the Roaring 20's.
- Party at the site, Saturday night. Dancing with The Fabulous Greaseband.
- Brunch Adieu, Sunday morning at Wu Hall / Butler College.
We had these activities for Children and Teens:Two very special Notes:
- Jonca Bull: Can the Profit Motive Coexist with the Hippocratic Oath? Commercialization in Medicine
- Bill Walton: Investing Today: Strategies for Uncertain Times
- Bill Frist: Change We Can Believe In? An Obama Report Card
- Cheryl Gould: Journalism in the Age of New Media
- Ginny Kamsky: America and the Global Economy: Who's on Top in the 21st Century?
Thanks to all who participated. Results available from Jocelyn.
Remember Reunions with Stars in Stripes fabric. Make pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, capes, serapes, daishikis, skull caps, thongs or anything else that might complement your 25th Reunion blazer. Make new curtains or bedspreads for your home! Contact Jeff Wieser or Andy Cowherd if you would like fabric - only $5/yard.
Over sixty classmates returned to Princeton for our 34th Reunion. A few classmates kicked off the weekend on Thursday night under the tent at 73's 35th. Friday and Saturday activities included seeing friends at eating clubs, attending Reunion meetings for campus organizations and sports teams, watching classmate Melvin McCray receive the Alumni Council Award for Service to Princeton, gathering for dinner in small groups Friday night, going to the Triangle Club show, and of course, the P-Rade and Class Dinner on Saturday. Many classmates boogied 'til closing with the East Coast Band at the 35th. Noteworthy highlights included Chris Elliott coming back for the first time in 19 years, Bill Urban capturing the Long Distance Award by jetting in from Marrakesh for the weekend, and Dave Waltz coming back for his first Reunions weekend ever!
Check out Reunions 2008 in the photos below, and mark your calendar for May 28-31, 2009!
Other News and Events:
Next Class Trips --Napa Valley--Spring 2010, Virginia--Fall 2010
Details coming Fall of 2009
Bill Frist vs. Bill Maher on the Swine Flu
Nick Allard on CNBC - 1/20/09
Lennox Rules Again!!!
Many people think that Project 55 is named for Princeton’s Class of 1955, which started the organization after a class mini-reunion in 1989. Actually, the name has a double meaning, as the project was initiated when coincidentally many of the classmates were turning 55. Elliott Lee '74 has recently joined their Board, and
Bill Frist '74 will be helping Project 55's Public Health Fellowship program. Find out more about Project 55 by clicking on their star on the home page of this site.
Did you miss Reunions 2007? Many classmates made it to the P-Rade, and the Class Dinner at Pat and Charlotte O'Connell's.
Class Trip to Gettysburg
The class trip was spectacular! Plans are already underway for another trip in the Spring of 2010. How about Napa?
You may have seen the announcement that our trip leaderProf. McPherson is the recipient of the first Pritzker Military Library Literature Award for lifetime achievement in military writing. The award is to "the most thoughtful and articulate scholar writing about war and military activities." As those of you who have heard him speak know, he is not only an articulate writer, but also an articulate and interesting speaker, and we were very fortunate to have the opportunity to be with him for the weekend.
More photos here: